Monday, July 13, 2020
Friday, July 10, 2020
USDA Announces Initial Purchase of Vaccine for National Animal Vaccine and Veterinary Countermeasures Bank
Friday, June 12, 2020
Thursday, June 11, 2020
There are some upcoming forage related programs coming up that I wanted to make you aware of, sorry for the short notice on the first one. They can all be found, and more at the UK Forge event web page: https://forages.ca.uky.edu/Events. The events are scheduled, If you are interested in forage or are thinking about renovating a pasture, the field day tomorrow would be a good one to attend.
Plan to attend the upcoming KFGC/UK Virtual Field Day from the comfort of your home. Although we are all looking forward to in-person field days in the near future (hopefully), for now KFGC and UK specialists are working hard to find alternatives to deliver important information. The virtual field day will include a video tour of the UK Forage Variety Test plots managed by Gene Olson. We will show the performance of varieties of tall fescue, orchardgrass, red and white clover, alfalfa and many other forage species. The field day will include presentations by UK specialists on how to choose the best varieties for you farm and your individual hay fields and pastures. To join the field day use the following link: https://uky.zoom.us/j/6435014290.
September 8, Kentucky Grazing School Woodford County
October 27, 28, 29 – Kentucky Grazing Conference, Conference is one day, but at three locations: Winchester, Elizabethtown, and Wester KY.
Ken Andries, Ph.D.
Interim Director of Graduate Studies
Associate Dean of the College of Agriculture, Communities, and the Environment
Associate Professor, Animal Science
College of Agriculture, Communities, and the Environment
Friday, June 5, 2020
- Photos divided into chapters such as: Ewe Can Do It!, Thinking Outside the Barn, The Udder Half, and much more!
- Quotes from the likes of Joan Rivers (“I don’t exercise. If God wanted me to bend over, he would have put diamonds on the floor.”), Blake Lively (“It’s the choice you have to wake up every day and say, “There’s no reason today can’t be the best day of my life.”), Mr. T (“I pity the fool who just gives up.”), and many more!
- 200 photos of goats paired with motivating quotes on staying true to yourself and living life to the fullest.
Saturday, May 30, 2020
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- 3-minute videos cover important safety precautions for farmworkers
- English version:
- Spanish version:
- More information and resources on COVID-19 at https://uaex.edu/covid-19