A Savanna Goat Field Day and Auction will be held Saturday, Sept. 29, at Elgin Pape's 3 D Ranch in Harper, Texas. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. with coffee and pastries. A $10 lunch fee will be charged.
The day will feature educational seminars, carcass comparisons of Spanish and Savanna/Spanish slaughter kids and an update on the Savanna industry. The auction will begin at 3:50 p.m.
Guest speakers will include:
• Dr. Frank Pinkerton, Extension Specialist, retired.
• Dr. Ken McMillin, Meat Scientist, LSU.
• Dr. Kurt Braden, Meat Scientist, ASU.
• Dr. Greg Engdahl, Chairman, An. Sci., ASU.
• Brian Payne, North American Savannah Association.
Consignments and consignors include:
1) Savannah crossbred bucks, (20) various ages, Elgin Pape.
2) Savannah crossbred nannies, (20) various ages, Brian Payne.
3) 1/4 Sav x 3/4 Span nanny kids (15-20), Scotty Ligon.
4) F-1 Sav/Span nanny kids (15), Charlie Wilson.
5) F-1 Sav/Span buck kids (15, performance-tested), Grady Fort.
6) Span buck kids (15-20) Douglas Pape.
7) Spanish nanny kids (25-30), Denise Pape.
Pre-registrations are very welcome, but not required; call 830-864-4517 or e-mail email@example.com. The Pape ranch is located on SH 783 south 3 miles.