The Missouri Organic Association annual conference will be held Feb. 6-8 at the University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, 33 S John Q Hammons Parkway, Springfield, MO 65806.
A key component of this year's conference is a Meat & Dairy Goats & Sheep Hands-On Workshop on Saturday, Feb. 8, 9 a.m.– 5 p.m. (For all small ruminant producers, not just organic producers.)
To register or for additional information, go to www.MOAConference.org. One day registration is $65 before January 15 and $75 afterward, which includes lunch on Saturday and the Organic Expo Trade Show from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Colorado and Illinois Rooms.
• 9 - 10 am: Dairy Goat & Sheep Production 101–Getting Started with Sheep and Goats: Selection & Body Condition Scoring, with: Jodie Pennington , Susan Jester, & Patrick Davis
Group Discussion: Jeff Yearington, Janet Hurst & Audience Participation
• 10 am – 1 pm: Lunch and Organic Expo
• 1 – 3 pm: Meat and Dairy Goat & Sheep Production 101–Hands-On:
FAMACHA, Nutrition & Health Management, Foot Trimming, Vaccinations, Body Condition Scoring, with: Patrick Davis, Jodie Pennington, Susan Jester, Jeff Yearington, & Janet Hurst (Be prepared to get your hands dirty!)
• Developing the Small Ruminant Market– Milk & Meat Products, with: Janet Hurst, Jeff Yearington and Jodie Pennington
• Farmers' Perspective on Marketing– Here’s What I Do!
---Sunny Lane Farms — Greg & Nancy Rasmussen (Meat Products)
---Robert Long — Golden City Meat Co. (Meat Processing & Products)
---Harmony Hill Goat Farm — Leah Rennick (Goat Milk Soap & Moisture Cream)
---Goatsbeard Farm — Ken & Jenny Muno (Goat Cheese)