The Southeast Kiko Goat Association will have its 5th annual Field Day and Kiko Roundup Sale on June 6-7 at the National Fairgrounds in Perry, Ga. There will be free seminars with expert speakers, kids’ Skill-a-thon Saturday morning, a 100% NZ Kiko buck raffle, farm and live animal displays and vendors with goat-related items. The Kiko sale begins at noon Saturday.
“We are still an independent, regional Kiko goat association,” said Jay Barfield, SEKGA president. “We have Kiko goat producers that will have registered AKGA and NKR Kiko goats for sale at Perry again this year. We welcome all associations and all Kiko goat producers from all over the country. How you manage your goats is your business whether you are buying or selling.”
According to the sale catalog, there are 96 NKR-registered does and 10 NKR-registered bucks in the sale. There are 4 AKGA-registered does consigned.
According to Barfield:
If you have not attended a SEKGA Roundup and Sale. Some of the frequent comments we hear are:
• What you see is what you get. All Kiko goats are registered and all the purebreds and 100%NZ Kiko goats are DNA tested.
• All of the goats bought are transferred to the new owners in days. We have never had a complaint from a customer about transferring of registration.
• Best barbecue goat I have ever had. We offer a free barbecue goat meal on Friday night right after our business meeting. All are welcome.
• This group takes care of business. Since all workers are volunteers, all of the money made is placed back on promoting the Kiko goat breed.
• Friendliest people in the Kiko goat business. You cannot beat Southern hospitality.
The SEKGA Roundup Sale Catalog is available for download at