Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Couple finds success operating B&D Genetics


Brittany and David Carwell of B&D Genetics.

David and Brittany Carwell are living a dream come true. The young couple finished graduate school in 2011 when they were both 23, receiving their Master’s degrees in Reproductive Physiology at Louisiana State University. The couple married and returned to David’s family farm in Cherry Valley, Ark., where they launched their business, B&D Genetics. The company offers a variety of reproductive services for small ruminants, including embryo flushes and semen collection and storage.

“For me this is something I have always wanted to do,” David said. “My whole family has farmed or run their own businesses. My parents have played a huge role in my life. My dad taught me to work hard and be honest and fair with people at all times. He is the reason I pursued graduate school at the early age of 21. Without his guidance I don't feel as if I would be where I am today. My mom is still living and is significantly involved in our business on an everyday basis.”

He added, “Brittany grew up on a small farm in East Texas. When we first met, her dream was to raise a family and to farm. We go hand-in-hand, as you might say.”

To read more about the Carwells and B&D Genetics, check out the March 2015 edition of Goat Rancher magazine. To subscribe or read it online, visit www.goatrancher.com.

The magazine also can be found in all Tractor Supply Co. stores.





No comments:

Post a Comment