Programs will be broadcast 7-9 p.m. Feb. 6, 13, 20 and 27. The WebEx series is a cost-efficient way to get more information to sheep and goat farmers, organizers say.
Session dates and topics are as follows:
- Feb. 6 -- "Lambing and Kidding Management and Newborn Health Issues," presented by Dr. Bill Shulaw, OSU Preventive Veterinary Medicine.
- Feb. 13 -- "Internal Parasites," presented by Rory Lewandowski and Jeff McCutcheon, OSU Extension educators with experience managing internal parasites in sheep and goats.
- Feb. 20 -- "Udder Health and Mastitis," presented by Dr. Leo Timms, professor, Iowa State University, who specializes in the ruminant mammary health.
- Feb. 27 -- "Recognizing, Treating, and Preventing Major Diseases of Sheep and Goats," presented by Dr. Eric Gordon, OSU Veterinary Medicine, Marysville.
- Ada Community Health professional building, Ada. Contact: Gene McCluer, Hardin County Extension, 419-674-2297.
- Holmes County Extension Office, Millersburg. Contact: Kate Shumaker, Holmes County Extension, 330-674-3015.
- Huron County Administration Building, Norwalk. Contact: Mike Gastier, Huron County Extension, 419-668-8219.
- Union County Extension Office, Marysville. Contact: Jon Rausch, Union County Extension, 937-644-8117. Preregistration required.
- OARDC, Room 130 Research Services, Wooster. Contact: Rory Lewandowski, Wayne County Extension, 330-264-8722.